Another week, another contest.

Digging deep into the backlog this time. Diorama presentation for my cross bone.

There wasn't much to do for this other than some last minute mods. I did a few cutaways in the cross backpack and the legs and built some pistons to show through. 
The base is just a piece of wood sprayed silver and littered with pieces of old runners and scrap parts.
I opted for krylon stainless to give it a gritty look.



All over pre-shaded with candy accents. Minor details in the form of metal parts and scratch built minutiae. Weathered with pigments washes and live fire.



I painted his cutlass with alclad magnesium. Energy weapons seem a bit ridiculous to me when they are shaped.



Armor cutaway.



 Scratch built pistons. I will put up a guide on how to make these soon.




Going to add a layer of black sand and small rocks to represent rubble before contest time.


Back detail.



Left hand has been heavily damaged and replaced with a very sharp fish hook.





Soon.

Thanks for reading. If you're a Vegas local come check out my work in person at the riviera this Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gundam builder's guide to IPMS

From the Backlog: You got Katoki'd

Extreme Squad Lupus