From the backlog: Baymox

First in a series of kits I completed this summer! 

The first thing I thought when I saw the mock kit was blank canvas. It seems to WANT to be modified into all kinds of things. All of its hard points make mounting whatever you want to it very simple and it's lack of obvious seam lines make it a joy to work with.

This particular kit was my first commission work, based on This kit by taka_taisa.


He's painted and top coated in acrylic with buffing powder on the joints to make him a bit more playable than a lacquer painted kit.

His wings are parts of the build booster pinned to the mock backpack.

His face is a simple cutaway to show through to a styrene sheet and clear plastic.

Ready for some fisticuffs.


I may need to get a few more hangar parts for these aerial poses.

He's too cute to be threatening.

But he sure does try.


Thanks for reading. I'll have another baymox for sale at Sabakon this September so if you're interested in owning one make sure to come say hi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gundam builder's guide to IPMS

From the Backlog: You got Katoki'd

Extreme Squad Lupus