Menoth WIP

The humble beginnings of my Menoth collection. Been working on these guys on and off for a while now. The color white has never been easy for me to air brush let alone hand paint so this has really been a learning experience all over again.

I decided to try out Privateer Press's paints with these and I have to say they are great. The liquid pigments thin out very well while still remaining solid enough to require only a coat or two. All of the metallic parts are done with Vallejo's Model air range which are almost as good as some lacquers i've used. 
Obviously an Alclad or Gunze is going to be a bit brighter but for something you can hand paint you really can't complain.



 After several attempts I finally got a nice even white.


 Armor detailed with model air aluminium.


 Further detailed with P3 brass.


I varied their colors a bit to give them a more individual look. 


 After black wash with the groundwork laid for cloak highlights.


Brighter gold on the shoulder armor is Gundam Marker Gold.


One down.


The unit commander.




Group shot.


 Finished commander. 





 My first time attempting to paint gemstones for his shoulders.


Unit front detail.

And back.

 Last but not least the unit attachment for my bastions. Which ill get around to painting. Eventually.


I'm quite happy with how he came out. 







I still haven't decided whether or not i'm actually going to play this game but I definitely love the figures.

Next time: More infantry a Warcaster and some light 'jacks!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gundam builder's guide to IPMS

From the Backlog: You got Katoki'd

Extreme Squad Lupus