From the back log: GN-X'd

My custom build of Bandai's HG 1/144 Genoace/Gn-X/00-7Sword


The HG Genoace kit is already pretty great. Very basic design and a solid load out with plenty of room for modification, the perfect base for a kitbash.
I did this project for a group build with the theme of a personal build fighter, my goal was to design a slightly understated high mobility grunt type suit. I may have overdone some of the colors but I was very pleased with the outcome regardless.


Original concept: Blocky Genoace head and leg camo. 



The Genoace perfectly mounts the GN-X's tail booster and HG Jegan's shoulders, It's feet have been replaced with 00 Seven Sword's.


Head replaced for the HG GN-X head:

 Beam sabers painted candy colors




Sinanju inspired thruster pack built from build boosters and connected to Seven Sword's backpack:





This made the kit very back heavy so I glued some metal ball bearings in it's feet to help it stand.



 Can actually stand under it's own considerable weight!



And the final version:
Leg "camo" scrapped, replaced with thruster vents and metal parts. Equipped with a bazooka and claw cobbled together from the shield weapon pack. This pink became a guilty pleasure of mine, I love it's vibrancy contrasted with the greys.


Full load out.



Some aerial poses:

















I had way too much fun building this kit and I hope it shows!
Paints used:
  • Gaia white
  • Gaia German Grey
  • Alclad Steel
  • Alclad White Aluminium
  • Alclad Airframe Aluminium
  • Gaia Flourescent Pink over Alclad Bright Silver Candy Base
  • Decals are 1/144 Unicorn series from samueldecal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gundam builder's guide to IPMS

From the Backlog: You got Katoki'd

Extreme Squad Lupus